- 9:06 am: Had a fabulous turkey day yesterday with new friends. Stayed up til 3reading, then kids up at 4:45. Now hanging on couch with kiddos & movie.
- 8:53am: Hope you all have a safe and happy Thanksgiving! 🙂
- 8:36am: Will never forget waking up to the horrific news about Bonfire: 11.18.99.
- 4:08pm: Friends, I’m taking an internet hiatus for a bit. Please do call us up & we’ll do stuff! Just want to focus on people not pixels for a while.
- 2:33 pm: Busy day: friend for coffee, made ballerina skirt for G’s friend, helped w/ TG lunch @ Nick’s work, ran errands for box car stuff. So tired.
- 8:08 pm: is having to have an awkward conversation w/ her older son about texting etiquette & why it’s wrong to borrow a phone to text random people.
- 8:40am: Finally getting new crown set today! So glad that cautious eating will be over. 🙂
- 3:53 pm: Party went great yesterday! 🙂 Today: big kid has a friend over & little ones are making magic bounce balls from a kit. whee!
- 10:33 am: Ben’s birthday party day. No idea how many kids coming. Frantically cleaning & preparing Star Wars stuff. WHEE!
Last week after I posted we had a regular kind of week, I guess. Piano lessons for both boys. The K-3rd graders had a Veteran’s Day Program up at the high school. Ben brought home a note that afternoon saying he needed to wear a red shirt for the program, but there was nary a red shirt in sight that was clean, so he ended up wearing one that was more maroon than red, but he liked it, so we were good. The new power cord for my camera hadn’t come in yet, so we took pictures with Ben’s camera, which made every photo weird colored and didn’t record sound at all, so we have weirdly quiet blurry video of the event. Going to the program meant that David missed scouts yet again, of course. *sigh*
I don’t remember anything at all about the weekend, but I think we spent it quietly at home amongst ourselves. Maybe?
The next week was crazy busy. Nick left town Sunday night so we didn’t have cub scouts. Then Tuesday was Ben’s birthday. Ben had requested pancakes like they have at IHOP for breakfast, so I made giant pancakes and gave them gogurt & whipped cream to make faces with. They had a great time playing with those.
I had a doctor’s appointment that morning & then ran cupcakes up to his class afterwards. He loved that. We ate them outside the school and the kids ran around a played for a bit. Lots of fun for them! 🙂 That night for dinner we had pizza and more cupcakes for dessert (He’d asked for them instead of a regular cake so he could share his birthday cake with the friends that couldn’t come to his party; isn’t that the sweetest thing?).
Thursday we had another piano lesson and went straight from there over to Literacy Night (which was technically just for 1st graders), where we got to eat pizza and drink sodas and play games that we made while we were there.
Friday afternoon Nick came home and we were supposed to go camping at his parents house, but it was pouring rain so we had to postpone that. On Saturday, Ben got a telescope from my parents as his birthday gift.
Last night we had a whisky tasting over at my parents house here in town. We had a good number of people show up, mostly from Nick’s work, and we all had a good time trying the various foods and drinks available to us.
Today was Ben’s birthday party, which had a Star Wars theme. Several of his friends couldn’t come because of illness, but we had a fun little Jedi Academy Training anyways. Nick built them an Ewok Hut in the top of the jungle gym and we had a scavenger hunt and fun games.
That’s it for now. More photos can be found at flickr.com
I was really terrible at keeping track of the books I read this year. Here is a not in order, not complete list of some of the things I read:
1. The Girl With the Glass Feet by Ali Shaw
2. The Girl in the Orange Dress by Margot Starbuck
3. All the Lovely Bad Ones by Mary Downing Hahn
4. Anna to the Infinite Power by Mildred Ames
5. Hamlet’s Blackerry by William Powers
6. Pandora’s seed: the unforseen cost of civilization by Spencer Wells
7. The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by ???
8. Chains of Ice by Cnristina Dodd
9. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
10. Kisses and Lies by Lauren Henderson
11. Duainfey by S. Lee & S. Miller
12. The Hotel Under the Sand by Kage Baker
13. The Green Glass Sea by Ellen Klages
14. White Time by Margo Lanagan
15. Vidalia in Paris by Sasha Watson
16. Total Oblivion, More or Less by Alan Denix
17. The Explosionist by Jenny Davidson
18. The Empress of Mars by Kage Baker
19. Soulless by Gail Carrier
20. Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld
21. Mister Monday by Garth Nix
22. Tuesday by Garth Nix
23. Drowned Wednesday by Garth Nix
24. Sir Thursday by Garth Nix
25. Lady Friday by Garth Nix
26. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
27. Ink Exchange by Melissa Marr
28. Kiss Me, Kill Me by Lauren Henderson
29. Village Affairs by Cassandra Chan
30. Trick of the Mind by Cassandra Chan
31. A Spider on the Stairs by Cassandra Chan
32. Marion Zimmer Bradley’s Sword & Sorceress XXI
33. Adele: Jane Eyre’s Hidden Story by Emma Tenant
34. Jane Eyre
35. Wide Sargasso Sea
36. Drink Down the Moon by Charles de Lint
37. Jack the Giant Killer by Charles de Lint
38. Out of the Dust by Karen Hesse
39. White Picket Fences by ???
40. Scouting the Divine by Margarent Feinberg
41. Lady of Quality by Georgette Heyer
42. How to Ditch Your Fairy by Justine Larbaleistier
43. Liar by Justine Larbaleistier
44. The Host by Stephenie Meyer
45. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
46. Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer
47. Three Cups of Tea
48. The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
49. Dead and Gone by Charlaine Harris
50-56. Books 1-7 of the Buffy Season 8 Omnibus’
56-58. Books 1-3 of the Serenty Graphic Novel Omnibus’
59. The Shepherd’s Tale (Serenty Graphic Novel)
60. White Cat by Holly Black
61. something about a queen by Phillippa Gregory
62-64. Cranford books by Elizabeth Gaskell
65. Little Dorrit by Charles Dickens
66. Emma by Jane Austen
(How I came up with this list: 1. Printed lists from the library of books I checked out, 2. Lists I made of books to return to various people, 3. Books my book club remembered reading this year, 4. lists of the years best YA or bestsellers that I remembered reading. Ok, maybe I didn’t read some of this list this particular year. But they’re not showing up on my lists of years pasts and I know that I read them, so it must’ve been this year, right? Hehehehe)