Before all this happened, I didn’t really think of my life as boring. I had my monthly family events (one for each extended family), weekly church, weekly writing groups, biweekly writing groups, PTA board meetings and events, kids marching band events and band concerts, and weekly dates with my husband. I feel like I normally have a really full, busy life. Then I started reading post after post from other people about what they missed in their lives: regular live music events (not involving their children), daily or weekly visits to restaurants or bars with friends, art shows, ballet, opera, races, festivals, farmers markets, fancy charity events, parties, etc. I realized that my life really hasn’t changed that much since we started socially isolating and “wow, my life is so boring.”
Some changes I’d like to make:
- Start attending live music events
- Start going to my friends art shows
- Find some friends that can go out on the nights I have free (this is tricky – there’s only one night I’m free, really)
- Start dragging my family out to community festivals on the weekend – there must be some that go on on Sunday afternoons, right?
- Start arranging the family visitation calendar so I can start going to the extra events my church puts on (there’s usually at least one a week)
- Join a musical group – I’d like to find a singing group because the RA & fibro make it hard to always be able to play instruments.