Chronic illness style fun: My exciting night has been spent stalking my middle child at the football game via friends posts & videos, listening to top 10 lists on watch mojo with Nick, and generally resting so I can be ready to train new PTA leaders first thing in the morning. 🙂
We started the night by going to 1836 Texas Kitchen for dinner. Nick really loved all of his food. Mine was just okay, but I did get the novelty of trying a Cucumber Margarita. We finished up our anniversary night with the by-now-traditional stops at Half Price Books and World Market. 🙂 At Half Price, I got a craft book, a writing book, and a fantasy book, and Nick got a sci fi series. At World Market we got a replacement wine glass for the one I knocked over earlier this week, some “extra strong” British tea for Nick, some lemon poppyseed scone mix for the kids who insist that it’s better than homemade, and currywurst (because everyone likes it). And now we’re back home polling everyone on what they want the Back to School tasting to be. 🙂
1. I have exercised this week. I’m stretching each morning and trying not to fall on my face. I’m following the Workout Trainer App on my Android and while I’m not in love with it, it’s better than nothing for a free exercise course to get me started. Also, my friend Monaca and I agreed that we’re not getting any skinnier meeting for sweet rolls and floofy drinks, so we’re going to try walking in the future around Rose Rudman trails instead.
2. I have figured out a better daily schedule, but it includes me getting up at 5am. Umm. I’m not getting ahead on that plan, so I re-revised it and now I’m getting up at 5:30 and doing the aforementioned exercising in the comfort of my own room. Whee! I’m also writing a bit more, not fiction yet, but daily stuff and a little poetry that’s rattling around in my brain lately. Also taking care of the kids and trying to make life more sane.
3. I’m doing a Bible study off the YouVersion app and answering its questions. Not as good as going to one with other people, but way better for scheduling. For real people, I’m going to a weekly book study on Raising Resilient Children (that’s the authors website). It’s a really good book and has challenged me to respond better to my children.
4. Today I’m booking our trip to the UK for June. Thursday night Nick and I are discussing our hotel options and more detailed itinerary. Whee! (Two goals for the price of one?)
5. I downloaded the My Fitness Pal app for the iPhone, since the SparkPeople app cost a ridiculous amount of money for the update (it used to be free). So now I have two fitness pals (one a very skinny lady indeed and one person who I don’t remember at the moment) and I can track my food weirdnesses. Whee!
6. There is never going to be a #6.
7. Scaling back on the internet, I figured out how to add people to my acquaintances list on Facebook, so they practically never show up. It even suggested people. Some of them I didn’t acquantintize. Yeah, not a word. Whatever. Also, set all my newsreader subscriptions to Mark All Read so I’m not tempted to try to catch up and so am just starting over. I may dump some, we shall see. I also set my FB notifications to archive immediately so I’m not having to see them all the time.
Once again it’s time for our “dating anniversary.” Nick got me another Buffy graphic novel collection. I got him some cooking stuff (look-down measuring cup, mushroom/egg/strawberry slicer, handheld strainer). Nick actually remembered on time. I went out while he was at church for his gifts.
We didn’t go out or anything, but we did have the party, so that counts, right? Whee!
Hello…hope everyone out there had a great Thanksgiving. I know I did (and that even takes into account the fact that I’m still sick). 🙂
We went up to see my in-laws, and my family (the Larson’s joined us for Thanksgiving day. The day after, we Holcomb’s all went to the zoo. Tyler has an awesome free zoo. 🙂 Baby giraffes are cool.
Saturday we went to church and I was dizzy enough to need help standing up. That was fun.
That night, Nick and I had a date night. We had dinner at a fairly good Mediterranean restaurant, then saw the Harry Potter movie. Oh, it was lovely. I want to see it again already. (Of course it did make me want to reread the book, so that’s what I’m wasting my time doing today)
Yesterday we were mostly lazy…ok, me and Mandy were lazy. We watched “I Love Lucy” re-runs for most of the day. Other people did useful stuff, I’m sure. I felt like crap, and only left the couch in order to go back to bed in the afternoon.
After I woke up, my little family drove back to Dallas. woo-hoo.
I have a doctor’s appointment again today. Seems I’m going to spend most of my year at the doctor’s office, doesn’t it? *sigh* Oh well. She said come back if I wasn’t well in two weeks. It’s been longer than that. My ears still feel like exploding. Bleh.
Anyway, that’s it.