Day one on new meds: I’m having one of those days like those old V8 commercials where they were leaning sideways (for me it’s left side only). Feeling super weird.
I have been stuck at home either in my bed or in my favorite chair today because moving is ridiculously painful and just sitting makes me cringe, but have been watching all those videos I have amassed over the last few weeks of being too busy to watch them, so there’s that. Learning about other people’s planner hacks, some new-to-me novel planning procedures, and doing a little background research for the next novel. Have loved being cozy while watching the rain and breezes outside my window.
Some people have asked about the fibromyalgia, since I don’t talk about it much. My version of fibro has been really quiet until recently. Now in addition to the muscle spasms, pain, and weakness, I am also having a lot of the cognitive issues (severe brain fog – I literally forgot I had a 3rd child the other day – inability to do simple math – not being able to figure out where I am in familiar places like my own kitchen, inability to comprehend speech, sensitivity to loud noise -which never has ever been an issue before, etc), plus dizziness & vertigo, trouble swallowing, and other digestive issues I don’t feel like discussing. It’s a LOT. Thanks for being concerned about me!
Here’s a link to a good fact sheet about the symptoms of this disease: https://www.verywellhealth.com/fibromyalgia-symptoms-716139
I saw my rheumatologist today and brought up all the things that my neurologist last month told me were probably RA or fibromyalgia related. The doctor checked my fibro points and they were all super painful, so I’m getting a new med to add to what I’m already taking. My RA is also still flaring, so I get steroids, too. As for that pesky list from the neurologist, the doctor told me that those things usually only pop up in people with super uncontrolled disease states and mine has been good for the last couple years. So we did some “deep blood work” that we don’t usually do to see if something is wrong or if something else is at play. Being me is fun. But I have a new theme song this week. Listen and enjoy!
It’s around the one year anniversary of me taking myself and my writing seriously. It took a big health scare to do it, but I finally started regularly doing the things that make me feel all sparkly inside when I do it. Since then I’ve been writing or reading-about-writing as closely to daily as possible, I’ve joined classes and groups that have helped me not just work on my craft, but also expanded my knowledge of areas of writing and publishing that I had been previously unaware of. I’ve scaled back on a myriad of things that I was doing just because they filled a need for others and have tried to concentrate my efforts on things that I am really good at or knowledgable about (being the secretary for organizations and helping PTA’s learn & grow). Despite some hard times this last year, I feel like it’s been a year of growth and I’m excited to expand on that and start putting my writing out into world this next year. 🙂
I had hoped to go to an author reading & signing today and then make it to my midkids football game for once, but no. Stupid RA. Stupid fibro. Hoping someone will post the band’s show sometime today or tomorrow. In the meantime, I’ll be here sitting with my ice packs. At least I have those. And husband & kid doing the dishes. Sad meep.
RA/fibro flare up today. This is how bad it is: my husband is going to the music store to buy a bugle mouthpiece. Nick. In a music store. Buying a mouthpiece. Just picture it. If I weren’t hurting so much I’d be laughing my butt off.
I spent all day writing, except when I was organizing some writing, or learning a new writing program. I conceived and wrote the beginnings for 11 new flash fiction pieces. Tomorrow I’ll write the middles, then Wednesday the ends (it’s for an online class). I am currently the calmest I’ve been since, oh, May of 2012 when my mom first got sick. It is really good to spend the day doing something I both really love and am good at. I feel like a real person. It’s nice.
I am feeling awful today. All the driving caught up with me. My hands are on fire, I’m super accident prone, and it’s had to be a rest day. Fortunately I have a comfy blanket and a Greg to watch Netflix with. We are starting to watch Glee. I had intended to watch this with Ree, but he wasn’t interested. Greg was, so we’re fast-forwarding through the boring/sexy stuff, but watching all the singing and dancing parts. 🙂
50 (yes fifty!!)
Things You’ve Never Been Asked.
1. What is the color of your toothbrush?
Blue and white
2. Name someone who made you smile today?
3. What were you doing at 8am today?
Driving to a writers conference
4. What were you doing 45 minutes ago?
Singing a song from A Chorus Line
5. What is your favorite candy bar?
6. Have you ever been to a strip club?
7. What is the last thing you said out loud?
8. What is your favorite ice cream?
Umm… coffee heath bar crunch maybe?
9. What was the last thing you had to drink?
Long Range Pils by Revolver Brewing
10. Do you like your wallet?
Yes, so much!
11. What was the last thing you ate?
A Taco Bueno bean burrito with Taco Bell Hot Sauce
12. Have you bought any new clothes this weekend?
not for me, but for twin boybies
13. The last sporting event you watched?
DCI marching contest
14. What is your favorite flavor of popcorn?
15. Who is the last person you sent a text message to?
16. Ever go camping?
17. Do you take vitamins daily?
18. Do you go to church every Sunday?
19. Do you have a tan?
Not since high school
20. Do you prefer Chinese food over pizza?
21. Do you drink your soda with a straw?
22. What did your last text message say?
23. What are you doing tomorrow?
Church, laundry, dishes, reading about writing
25. Look to your left, what do you see?
26. What color is your watch?
I do not wear a watch
27. What do you think of when you hear “Australia”?
“In a Sunburned Country” by Bill Bryson
29. Do you go in a fast food place or just hit the drive thru?
Drive thru, usually
30. What is your favorite number?
17 or 14, depending on mood
31. Who’s the last person you talked to on the phone?
32. Any plans today?
Rewatch more of season one of ST:TNG and laugh at how derpy Riker is in retrospect
33. How many states have you lived in?
34. Biggest annoyance right now?
Headache from too much wind and heat from driving husbands non-air-conditioned car this afternoon for an hour.
35. Last song you listened to?
‘For Once in My Life’ sung by the cast of Glee
36. Can you say the alphabet backwards?
Sometimes. Prolly not right now.
37. Do you have a maid service clean your house ?
I am the maid service. 🤣
38. Favorite pair of shoes you wear all the time?
Black massage sole flip flops
39. Are you jealous of anyone?
Not really. Maybe people not currently having a headache, if anything.
40. Is anyone jealous of you?
41. Do you love anyone?
So many people! Also cats!
42. Do any of your friends have children?
That is such a weird question.
43. What do you usually do during the day?
Chauffeur my mini-me’s, write novels and short stories, go to the gym, work with PTA’s, clean the house, talk to my friends, snuggle people, pet the cats, eat, breathe, meditate, do homework for writing classes
44. Do you hate anyone that you know right now?
Not people I know. Politicians, yes.
45. Do you use the word ‘hello’ daily?
I probably say it more than a dozen times a day, usually to my poor spouse when I’m half asleep.
46. What color is your car/truck ?
Red/maroon, depending on who you ask (I did not choose it)
48. Are you thinking about someone right now?
Yeah. But when am I not?
49. Have you ever been to Six Flags?
50. How did you get your worst scar?
I have so many. Ummm…. prolly the one on my right knee?
That’s All Folks ♥️