So Kristal over at Kansas City Cristal wanted us to do an “AFTER ORGANIZING PARTY!” and I totally forgot that yesterday was Groundhog’s Day until someone in the house mentioned it this morning, so I’m just now getting around to taking my pictures. I actually don’t have a whole lot to show you, as we really haven’t changed up anything too terribly much since the organizing took place. I did wander around and look in all the drawers and closets, though, and will share some of the funnier things I found.
- Day One: The Junk Drawer: I chose the kitchen junk drawer. When I went back to look in it this morning I discovered something surprising: we have a new bright yellow microplane grater WITH A HANDLE! I am totally surprised and completely happy about this, as our old one was just one long stick of grating, no place to grab on. What a lovely surprise from my husband! 🙂
- Day Two: The Computer Desk: This one I have a photo for:
- Day Three: The Tupperware Cabinet: Nothing new here, people. My kids are so happy that they can find their stuff each morning that they make sure to keep this area tidy.
- Day 4 – Linen Closet: This one looks a little different. It had come to my attention that my decorating style had become less a style and more a “let’s see how much of the stuff I love I can get out on the shelves at once.” So I started decluttering out in the living room a bit, then moved bit by bit through the house, taking 1 out of every 4 items down (or more). I have to say that I really like the difference it made in the house. The thing is that all this stuff, when it’s not out, lives in the linen closet. So I tried to put it away neatly, like with like, and this is how it looks right now:
All of those places on Days 5-8 look exactly the same as the organization day. I’m very pleased that we’ve been able to keep it all up. 🙂
Well, you saw in my post a couple days ago, we’ve redone the boys room.
- Day 10 – Laundry Room: Mostly looks the same, but there’s quite a lot of stuff in there right now that’s waiting around to go places today (Goodwill, recycle center, and hopefully someone will buy the train table, too).
- Day 11 – The Freezer:
- Day 12 – Spice Cabinet
- Day 13 – Medicine Cabinet
- Day 14 – Under bathroom sink
- Day 15 – Medicine/Vitamin Storage
- Day 16 – The Fridge
Days 10-16 are all the same as well. A few things added, a few things taken away, you know how it goes. People use up one thing, another takes its place. 🙂
- Day 17 – The Mail: This area got added to:
- Day 18 – Keepsakes: These are still being worked on. I have had a lot of difficulty going through and tossing cute kids stuff over the years, so there is just so much to go through. Here are the notebooks I’ve made so far, neatly lined up in the living room so people can look at them whenever they want to:
Day 19 & 20 haven’t changed either. 🙂
- Day 21 – You pick!: I picked our “Room of Requirement,” as everything extra from the organizing had been dumped there. It looked pretty good after I was done with it, but it has improved a little bit on one side since you last saw it:
So there it is. All still good and organized, which is a good thing because we’re having company over tomorrow and I need to focus on cleaning the areas that people actually see now. 🙂
One thought on “After the organizing was done…”
Awesome job! I’m so proud of you for keeping everything up! Thanks for linking up to our small but mighty AFTER-AFTER Party!
Comments are closed.